Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 13, 2013


Small Space & Color

Q. I love color, but have a small house. How can I best use color in my small spaces?
A: Patterns have more visual weight than solids and can make small rooms appear even smaller. Enlarge the perception of the space by placing simply patterned pillows on a plainsofa, and use textured solids to add interest without busyness.
http://www.bhg.com/decorating/color/basics/color-advice/#page=6

Fear No More
Q: How do I overcome my color commitment phobia?
A: Ask yourself these questions: What is your favorite color? What colors do you dislike? When you think of color, what memories or feelings come to mind? What colors do you find yourself wearing over and over again? -- Kelly Keiser, interior designer
Neutral vs. Color
Q: How do I decide between putting a neutral or a color on my walls?
A: A rule of thumb: Neutral walls make room for rich furniture and vibrant art, while colorful walls rest well behind neutral furnishings or accents of similar or complementary colors. -- Shannon Kaye, interior designer


No comments:

Post a Comment